Monday, August 1, 2011

Show Me What You Eat, And I'll Tell You Where I Am...

In 9 days, my beautiful wife and I are taking an extended trip to attend a wedding. The Wedding, with a capital W, is for her best friend of over 30 years, Shirley Yee. These two have known each other almost their entire lifetime, and Shirley is at last getting married - hence the capital W.

Times being what they are, my wife and I have decided to traverse the width of this country from our home in Orlando Florida, to the suburbs of Chicago and back, making several stops along the way obviously. This is actually something I have always wanted to do - travel across the vast bosom of America (thought I'd throw in a little sex there) and experience what the locals call "food" - which is something we don't often have in Orlando Florida. We have an onslaught of fast-food style "food" served up in all manner of theme park eatery, which ranges from "dull and tasteless" down to "hey-I-think-there-was-a-flavor-there".

So, along the way during this sojourn, (from the French word 'sojourn' meaning 'Ask that guy for directions') we will get to sample food from various regions and it is my hope to update this blog regularly with descriptions of the meals that we get to sample.

I am listing a condensed itinerary below, and of course this does not include any pit stops.

Day 1: Orlando to Nashville, TN
Day 2: Nashville to Chicago, IL (suburbs)
Day 3 & 4 - Wedding
Day 5: Still in Chicago visiting Family
Day 6: Chicago to Mason, OH - home of Kings Island Theme Park
Day 7: Kings Island Theme Park, Mason OH
Day 8: Mason to Chattanooga TN - home of the Choo-Choo.
Day 9: Exploring more Chattanooga
Day 10: Back to the Land of Make Believe (aka Orlando)

If anyone has any suggestions on where to eat, where to stop along the way, or where to avoid, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to me, mainly because I always wanted to see what companies actually do with these things. And I could use the stamps. 

--
24 Hours of Inspirational Tweets! http://tiny.cc/ead58

No comments:

Post a Comment