Monday, August 8, 2011

My Hazel-Eyed Girl

Tomorrow, August 9, my wife and I celebrate 8 years of marriage, and 9 years from our first date. Yes, you read that right: my wife and I got married exactly 1 year from our first date.

She has been, since the day I met her, my motivation.

Honestly, I wouldn't do a darn thing at all if it were not for her. I would have just ended up sitting around eating popcorn & watching old movies. Instead I have ended up sitting around eating popcorn and watching old movies with someone in the house. And cats. Many many cats.

That was, ironically, one of our first initially shy & timid conversations. "Do you like cats?" I of course answered yes, and now here we are 9 years later, just the two of us. And lots of cats.

The fact that we both like cats was just a small window of the floodgate that opened up soon after that. We both love theme parks. We both love travelling and learning about new cultures and foods. We both love cooking and trying out new recipes. We both love old movies. We enjoy learning new things.

Not everything is perfect. No relationship is, I don't believe. We have our ups and downs. We have "mirror image" personalites: I am highly emotional; She is more rational. She researches things thoroughly; I tend to be more impulsive. Different things push our "buttons", and luckily never the same ones. But of course, because of that, neither of us understands where the other is coming from. Let me rephrase that: we logically understand, but emotionally we don't get each other.

And yet, we work wonderfully. I cannot imagine my life without her - nor would I want to.

She gives my soul license to just be. And luckily for me, she's never satisfied with that.

With all my heart, I want to thank her for 9 years of togetherness, 8 years of marriage, and a lifetime of more magical memories to come.

And cats. 

--
24 Hours of Inspirational Tweets! http://tiny.cc/ead58

No comments:

Post a Comment